QNAP Show us another unique NAS at Computex 2017 – The TS-1277 AMD Ryzen Powered NAS
Hot on the heels of the QNAP TS-453BT3 Thunderbolt 3 Small scale NAS shown recently, and the Optical TB3 based NAS unveiled yesterday, the latest entry into the QNAP family is the merging of two popular QNAP NAS series. Namely the AMD Gold Power, inside the chassis of the Enterprise TVS-x82 Series. This new beast of a NAS goes by the name QNAP TS-1277 and is a 12 Bay NAS server (8 HDD Bays and 4 SSD Bays). The chassis has been improved with the gold colour scheme and inclusion of possibly the most powerful CPU ever featured on a desktop NAS – even more than the Intel i5 and i7 series!
What are the specifications of the QNAP TVS-1277 Gold NAS?
The new TVS1277 actually arrives in a 6 Bay, 8 Bay and 12 Bay configuration and with each configuration, more CPU and Memory Options are available. This advanced 6/8/12-bay business NAS is available with the following AMD CPU options:
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 8-Core CPU 3.0GHz, burst to 3.7GHz
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600 6-Core 3.2GHz up to 3.6GHz
- AMD Ryzen 5 1400 4-Core 3.2 and upto 3.4GHz
Alongside this the unit arrives with DDR4 memory that can be expanded all the way up to 64GB – an enourmous bonus to those looking to run intensive virtualisation operations or large scale enterprise NAS operations.
What are the connections, ports and hardware options of the QNAP TS-1277 NAS?
Alongside the CPU and memory inside, the NAS device features a host of Connections, upgrade options and more. It features dual M.2 SATA SSD slots, supports expandable 10GbE/40GbE connectivity via PCIe upgrade slots, compatibility with AMD or NVIDIA® graphics card for QTS video & transcoding applications, as well as ready access in virtual environments and is ideal for tiered storage, I/O intensive and virtualization applications of all kinds. To summerise, what we know is:
- 4 x 1GbE LAN RJ45 ports that can be Truncated/Link Aggregated for upto 4x traditional ethernet speeds
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports Supporting upto 10GB/s transmission speeds (equivalent of Thunderbolt 1)
- 3 x PCIe slots, with 1 bring x8 speed and the other two being x4 speed
- LCD Front Panel for realtime system information
- 8 HDD Bays that feature tooless design and are compatible with the very latest 10TB WD Red and Seagate Ironwolf NAS HDD
- 4 SSD Bays that feature tooless design installation
- 2X M.2 SSD SATA ports inside for SSD Caching and improved tiered storage (providing huge increases to Read and Write)
When will the QNAP TS-1277 be released and how do I buy?
Thus, the new product allows you to create high-performance storage system with a hybrid configuration – based on traditional hard drives and flash drives. Information regarding the price and availability of the QNAP TS-1277, QNAP TS-877 and QNAP TS-677 are yet to be confirmed but you can bet that SPAN.COM will be the first in Europe to stock this item and one of the first worldwide. Check them out with the link below to register your interest and get ahead of the queue.