QNAP TS-251 is discontinued
High Performance NAS with On-the-fly & offline Video Transcoding for SOHO and Home Users
• Dual-core Intel® 2.41GHz CPU and 4GB/1GB DDR3L RAM, delivering up to 220MB/s read & write speed
• Run your NAS as a PC with build-in QvPC Technology
• On-the-fly and 4K offline full HD hardware accelerated video transcoding
• Built-in virtual machines technology with Virtualization Station
• Up to 7.1 channel audio passthrough and high-quality multimedia playback via HDMI
• Personal cloud for creating a multimedia library with DLNA, AirPlay, and Plex support
• Centralized storage, file sharing and backup
• Economical storage expansion with scale-up solution by UX-800P or UX-500P,
maximum 8 hard drives with 48TB more storage capacity
|CPU||Intel® Celeron® 2.41GHz dual-core processor (burst up to 2.58GHz)|
TS-251-4G: 4GB DDR3L RAM (2GB x 2)
TS-251: 1GB DDR3L RAM
Total memory slots: 2 (expandable up to 8GB)
1. When installing two memory modules, please ensure that they are the same size and ideally use the same type of RAM for both memory slots.
2. For the information of RAM module installation and compatible NAS models, please refer to the QNAP RAM Module Installation Guide
|Flash Memory||512MB DOM|
|Hard Disk Drive||2 x 3.5” or 2.5” SATA 6Gb/s, SATA 3Gb/s hard drive or SSD
1. The system is shipped without HDD.
2. For the HDD compatibility list, please visit https://www.qnap.com/compatibility/
|Hard Disk Tray||2 x Hot-swappable tray|
|LAN Port||2 x Gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet port|
|LED Indicators||Status, LAN, USB, HDD 1, HDD 2|
|USB||2 x USB 3.0 port (Front: 1, Rear: 1)
2 x USB 2.0 port (Rear: 2)
Support USB printer, pen drive, and USB UPS etc.
|Buttons||Power/Status, USB One-Touch-Backup, reset|
Can I still buy it?
Replaced models listed here: