Who Offers the Best Price and Service for the Synology DVA1622 NAS?
|Where to Buy a Product|
|VISIT RETAILER ➤|
|VISIT RETAILER ➤|
|VISIT RETAILER ➤|
|VISIT RETAILER ➤|
To be kept upto date on the latest price changes on the DVA1622, use our Amazon price watch tool to get regular, tailored updates on when it is at the best price for your budget.
Your email will ONLY be used to update you. It will never be given to a third party without your consent!
OPEN FULL LIST
Amazon UK 33 OFF (WAS 755) [LINK HERE]
Getting latest videos with a keyword: DVA1622
Synology DVA1622 2-Bay AI Surveillance NAS Now Available
Synology DVA1622 2-Bay AI Surveillance NAS Now Available
DVA1622 specs released
Best DVA1622 price
Synology DVA1622 Surveillance NAS Hardware Update
Synology DVA1622 Surveillance NAS Hardware Update
Synology DVA1622 AI Powered NVR 2-Bay for Business & Prosumers
Synology DVA1622 AI Powered NVR 2-Bay for Business & Prosumers
Best Deals on the Synology DVA1622 NAS A Network Attached Storage is a big investment and whether you are spending hundreds of thousands of pounds, you want to know you are getting good value. The Synology DVA1622 is a great NAS and one that supports excellent home and business applications, but where you choose to purchase your brand new NAS is a different matter. With so many stores offering the best prices, great support, fast shipping and more, it is all too easy to lose out on the best possible deal for you. Below we have listed the best places for you to buy in your region, with each stores price and/or particular appeal. We update our seller lists as often as possible in an effort to ensure you get the best possible deal. Take a look at the best deals right now for the Synology DVA1622 NAS:
Do I need to fill all of the bays on Synology DVA1622?No, you can start with a single drive if you want to. If you chose SHR RAID, this will automatically set one drive redundancy when you introduce additional drives. When you add a second disk you will have data mirroring redundancy enabled. A third and other additional drives will ensure that only one disk is used for redundancy and the rest is for storage space.
What is the Synology DVA1622 NAS Best for?It is important that the NAS you buy performs the tasks that you require in order to ensure that you buy with confidence. We at NASCompares have tested, reviewed, compared and rated thousands of different NAS use this experience to let users know what each NAS server is best suited for. In the case of the Synology DVA1622 NAS, we can confirm that it is ideal for the following tasks and Users:
- Family Device Backups - Backup up multiple mobile and desktop devices, all to different folders
- Photo Collections - Create an impressive archive of photos for DLNA/Network/Internet Access
- Movie Collections - Watch your Media over the Network/Internet
- Photo/Video Editing - Suitable for Editing 1080p and 4K in more powerful Cases
- Mac Users - Software and User-interface Favoured by Mac Users
- Windows Users - Software and User-Interface Favoured by Windows Users
- Plex Media Server with Transcoding - Suitable for a Plex Media Server with Transcoding for better streaming results
- 4K Transcoding - Playback and adapt 4K Media for the Best Output
- 1080p Transcoding - Playback and adapt 1080p Media for the Best Output
- Medium Virtual Machine Use - Can be used for 3-4 Virtual Machines
- SSD Cache Support - Install SSD drives alongside Hard Drives to have vastly improved Read and Write Speeds
- Home Surveillance - Support upto 10 Cameras with the included Surveillance Software on the NAS
- Shop Surveillance - Support upto 20 Cameras with the included Surveillance Software on the NAS
- Business Surveillance - Support upto and above 40 Cameras with the included Surveillance Software on the NAS
- Compact NAS - Small Chassis NAS for discreet/tight area installation
- File Server NAS - Designed with High volume file transit in mind
- Audio Server - Designed for Audio File streaming and distribution over DLNA/Network/Internet
- Expandable Storage - This NAS allows users to add more storage above the preliminary bays at purchase
- HIGH Mobile App Support for iOS and Android
Accessories to buy with Synology DVA1622 NAS?In order to fully take advantage of the benefits of network attached storage on a hardware or software level, it is always good to see which accessories are available to you. Synology has been producing NAS for a number of years now and supports a large number of upgrades and expansion options to further improve your setup. Below are the most popular upgrades for the DVA1622 NAS. Always double check compatibility before you buy any accessory, as sometimes their utility will change as firmware upgrades come and go.
Popular NAS Accessories
|RAM upgrade -Official | Unofficial (read more)||HDD - WD Red | Red PRO | Ironwolf | Ironwolf PRO | HGST||NVMe M.2 - Samsung | WD|
|Dual LAN PCIe card||Dual LAN usb3 adapter||Smart switch|
|Expansion - additional 5 bays||UPS - up to 30 min | up to one hour | 1hour + (Read:Cheapest Smart ups for NAS)||Security Cameras - Indoor | Outdoor | HD | FHD | 4K|
|Watch on 4K TV||Play on Shield TV||Stream on SONOS speakers|
How do Customers Review the Synology DVA1622 NAS?The DVA1622 is a clear winner in a customer review race. People praise innovative clip based trays allowing to replace a drive in seconds. They also like 4 drive options and expandability to 9 drives. It is easy to start with just a few drives and expand later. The RAID5 and RAID6 options are very much appreciated in a 4 or more bay NAS. People also mention transcoding engine usefulness for their home multimedia solution. And finally its simply the software and app available to download from Synology application store free of charge. READ MORE ->
Is there Additional Warranty for the DVA1622 to buy just in case disaster strikes?Warranty is always a key concern for those investing in a new piece of technology. Almost all NAS, DAS and Thunderbolt storage brands will provide at least 2 years of manufacturer warranty with your purchase, with most SMB devices arriving with 3 years coverage and more enterprise devices arriving with at least 5 years. In some cases, in the event of a fault, you will need to send to send the malfunctioning device to the point of purchase, but it is often quicker to contact the brand website and it supports section directly, as you can often request that their arrange collection of your item.
Does Synology Warranty Include Data Recovery if my DVA1622 Data is Lost?Unfortunately not. Warranty and support for failed Hard Drive and SSD media is a different story and this is conducted by the brand of drive's own support team (WD, Seagate, Toshiba, etc). Depending on the drive, you will have either a 2 year, 3 years or 5-year warranty (depending on the enterprise nature of your drive). However, you can choose to include data recovery rescue packages when purchasing your Hard Drive or SSD for a small sum. This can cost as little as £9.99 and in the event of your drive failing, they will either collect your drive from you, or ask you to ship it to their recovery labs (depends on the package) and then recover your data to a enterprise/forensic standard and ship the data back to you on a new external drive. There are several packages available covering different time periods and uses. Check them out below:
- Seagate Rescue 2 Years Data Recovery Service Plan for HDD and SSD (buy)
- Seagate Rescue - 2 Year Data Recovery Plan for External Hard Drives (buy)
- Rescue - 3 Year Data Recovery Plan for Internal/Bare Drives (buy)
What is Maximum Capacity Hard Drive Compatible with the DVA1622?
Can Someone Set the Synology DVA1622 NAS all up for me?
Amazon has begun offering services in the UK and USA for NAS installation. Professionals are handpicked by Amazon after they have proved certification and achievements in offering IT services. This is the most affordable service of the kind.
If you don't want to spend all your day setting up things this is a way to do it. You get money back guaranty for extra peace of mind.
What's included with this service?
- Setting up one customer-supplied network attached storage unit
- Installing storage software on the computer
- Connecting storage unit to a network
- Testing and verifying proper connection
What are Others using the Synology DVA1622 NAS for?The Synology DVA1622 NAS is a remarkably diverse network tool and you would be surprised at just how many uses the device can support. From Mac to Windows users, from iOS to Android and from Home to Business, the available applications from a brand like Synology mean that the DVA1622 is more than a simple backup device. Take a loot below at some popular ways in which users have been making the most of their NAS in 2018/19
- Is Link Aggregated NAS Faster?
- Fastest NAS For Home
- NAS For Plex And Docker Apps With Upgrade/Expansion Option
- Can I Connect Synology Diskstation NAS Directly To A PC Or Mac
- Best Photographer NAS With Cloud Backup
- Plex NAS For Streaming 1080p And 4K Vids
- Plex NAS Under 500
- NAS For Playing Media On 4K TVs
- Home Multimedia & Plex NAS With HomeSEER 3 VM +Extras
- NAS As WEB Server 2 Or 4 Bay
- Access Remotely Pdf, Mkv, Doc, Avi, Mp3
- Fast Multi User 4-Bay NAS With 4K And Remote Access
- NAS For Remote Video Streaming
- Trancoding Comparison – DS3018XS, DS3617XS, DVA1622
Best External Drive to Backup the Synology DVA1622?A common mistake most first time NAS buyers make is assuming that the NAS will answer ALL of their backup needs. This is mostly true and thanks to systems like a RAID, a NAS is a remarkably robust storage device. However, all too often, users (and their family, friends and colleagues) will back up the contents of their phones, PCs, laptops, cameras, etc to a NAS - then DELETE the files from their device to make space. This is understandable BUT now the files you sent to your NAS are NOT a backup, they are the ONLY copy of those files! So, you have two alternatives to combat this situation. 1, Never delete files from your phone, PC, Laptop, etc. Or 2, Setup a backup system for your NAS. The DVA1622 can be used to back up on a schedule/manually to a USB connected drive, to another NAS or to a 3rd party cloud (Amazon S3, ElephantDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc). You can choose to backup specific folders or an entire volume of data, depending on your needs/available space and only needs to be set up once. With external drives costing about £1 per 20GB and cloud servies around £9.99 per TB, you can get some great bargains. They are nowhere near as versatile/futureproof as a NAS, but serve as excellent backup and disaster recovery options.
DVA1622 | Can I back it up to the cloud?For backing up your NAS do consider BlackBlaze. You can try it for 15 days free if you don't believe its good. But the main reason is unlimited backup size. Everyone else like Dropbox, Amazon, and others charge per gigabyte. But with this one there is no price difference either you backup 2 bay or 8 bay NAS. The other great feature is version control. So even if you get hit by ransomware type of virus or simply deleted or mistakenly changed few files. You can restore your data from historical backup versions and get all data back. You can get it for free here and try: Home: https://www.backblaze.com/cloud-backup.html#af9rgr Business: https://www.backblaze.com/business-backup.html#af9rgr Comparison with other service providers: https://www.backblaze.com/best-online-backup-service.html#af9rgr
DVA1622 | Can I do a full system backup of my mobiles, tablets and PC?Acronis True Image is a backup software which will let you backup Computers, Android Phones or Apple iPhones to your NAS. It is an incredible app because not only it can backup few folders, but also an entire image of your computer. This is super important if you need to get your computer restored ASAP after a massive system crash, virus or other disasters (Manual to set up NAS as backup destination). Backing up a mobile device means capturing all of the data – including contacts, calendar, photos, videos and other files – so you still have them if something happens to your smartphone or tablet. Backup software for mobile devices makes sure you are saving copies frequently, reliably and safely. It automatically produces a backup and makes it easy to restore your files. Link to Acronis True Image= http://aklam.io/biKQsh
Choosing the Best Place to Buy a Synology DVA1622 NAS
We all like a bargain and it is always so tempting to buy a DVA1622 or indeed any Synology NAS at the lowest possible price. But sometimes a price can be TOO LOW. The last thing you want to do is buy a used NAS, a Broken NAS or from a source that will take the money and run. Below are the key factors to consider when buying your first NASTerms and Conditions Alternatively, why not ask me on the ASK NASCompares forum, by clicking the button below. This is a community hub that serves as a place that I can answer your question, chew the fat, share new release information and even get corrections posted. I will always get around to answering ALL queries, but as a one-man operation, I cannot promise speed! So by sharing your query in the ASK NASCompares section below, you can get a better range of solutions and suggestions, alongside my own. Home: https://www.backblaze.com/cloud-backup.html#af9rgr Business: https://www.backblaze.com/business-backup.html#af9rgr Comparison with other service providers: https://www.backblaze.com/best-online-backup-service.html#af9rgr
1. Is the Synology DVA1622 NAS in stock?Just because the website has a picture and a price of DVA1622 NAS, doesn't mean they definitely have it in stock. Be sure to check that the website you choose to buy from either has it listed as 'in stock' at their location OR supplies a lead-time that states when you will receive the unit. Always remember that a 'lead time' only applies to when you make the purchase! i.e. a 3-day lead-time means you will receive the unit in 3 working days of placing your, NOT that you can wait 3 days and then order for the next day.
2. What is the Condition of the Synology DVA1622 NAS?Although in most cases, online retailers will ONLY sell units that are new/sealed, it is worth remembering that there are still some retailers that are not as honest and will sell a unit that has been used, ex-display or has been repaired. Typically a retailer will be sure to mention somewhere in their T&C, on the Product Page or their Bio that they only sell new units. It is always worth checking this before making your purchase.
3. Checking Delivery Options of your Synology DVA1622 NASThanks to the internet being such a global tool, worldwide shipping is widely available and ordering a DVA1622 NAS will not be limited to your regional borders. However always be aware that your country may impose a tax on imports and you should contact the Synology NAS retailer in advance if this concerns you. Also, be sure to check on the website that the retailer will name the logistics company they will be using. We at NASCompares recommend DPD, TNT, UPS, FedEx and DHL as the most reliable worldwide delivery companies and all provide insurance, tracking and signature options, as well as time managed deliveries.
4. Should you Buy your Synology DVA1622 NAS with Hard Drives Installed?A popular option that is appearing from several retailers is the choice to buy your DVA1622 NAS with hard drives included. Synology, like many NAS retails, do not provide their NAS drives with media included and ask that buyers supply their own. It can be very tempting to buy a NAS and Hard drives together, but always check if 1, Does the online retailer install the drives for you or just send you the NAS and Drives? 2, Do they provide a build and test service where your hard drives and NAS are tested prior to shipping? 3, Does the Online retailer cover build and test services in their terms and conditions with regard to warranty? These are important concerns and a good online retailer will answer positively to these questions. If they don't, shop elsewhere!
5, Buy your Synology DVA1622 NAS from a Secure Payment Retail ProviderWith eCommerce shops popping up daily, it is worth remembering that almost every single online retailer uses 3rd party payment providers to handle payments for every Synology DVA1622 NAS sold. In real terms that means that the actual process of taking payment will be handled by another company, such as PayPal, WorldPay, SagePay, etc. This is a good thing in many cases as it means your payment will be protected by their own already well-covered terms and conditions. However, if you are considering a retailer that has their OWN payment system, use caution! Be sure to check their T&C regarding payments. 1, When is Payment is taken - now or when the goods are shipped? 2, Does their website feature an SSL certificate (the padlock in the search bar)? 3, Do they hold onto your payment details after the transaction? Be sure to fully check out your retailer's payment options before you buy your DVA1622 NAS.
6, Faults and Returning your Synology DVA1622 NASConsumers in 2018/19 have a tremendous amount of power and now the majority of purchasing is done online, consumer rights have had to change to reflect this. Despite this, some retailers will still play choose to cut and run in the event of your Synology DVA1622 NAS being faulty or even if you are just a private customer wanting to send it back because you do not need it. A good retailer is only as good as their returns and repair policy! All NAS devices arrive with between 2-5 years warranty and in most circumstances, you will be able to ship a faulty unit back to the retailer or arrange a replacement with the NAS brand you buy with, just using your serial number. Options such as the retailer collecting a faulty product vary (largely based on time passed since the original purchase) and turnarounds on a replacement unit arriving can vary, however, what really separates the good/bad retailers is how easy their return process is and how much they help you. If you have any concerns, we at NASCompares recommend you contact the retailer before making your purchase and asking their policy regarding RMAs (faulty goods) and their initial response should tell you everything you need to know.
7, After Sales Support and Advice for your DVA1622 NASUnless you have previous experience in network attached storage, you are going to most likely have a few questions regarding the setup of your Synology DVA1622 NAS. Most queries about the first time setup of your NAS drive can be addressed with the help and guides included on your device, or via a simple google search. But sometimes you will want to speak to a real human being for help, support and general advice. When deciding where to buy your DVA1622 Synology NAS, it is worth spending a moment to consider what is included in that price tag aside from the physical unit. Usually, the cheapest retailer will have such a narrow margin of profit, that post-sales support is impossible in any real sense.
Need Advice on Data Storage from an Expert?We want to keep the free advice on NASCompares FREE for as long as we can. Since this service started back in Jan '18, We have helped hundreds of users every month solve their storage woes, but we can only continue to do this with your support. So please do use links to Amazon Amazon UK on the articles when buying to provide advert revenue support or to donate/support the site below. Finally, for free advice about your setup, just leave a message in the comments below here at NASCompares.com and we will get back to you. Need Help? Where possible (and where appropriate) please provide as much information about your requirements, as then I can arrange the best answer and solution to your needs. Do not worry about your e-mail address being required, it will NOT be used in a mailing list and will NOT be used in any way other than to respond to your enquiry.
|processor||Processor model||Intel Celeron J4125||Intel Atom C3538|
|processor clock||4-core 2.0 burst up to 2.7 GHz||Quad Core 2.1 GHz|
|Hardware Encryption Engine (AES-NI)|
|GPU||GPU model||Intel UHD Graphics 600||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650|
|Remark||–||Display output is not supported.|
|Memory||system memory||6 GB DDR4 non-ECC||8 GB DDR4|
|Pre-installed memory modules||6 GB (2 GB + 4 GB)||8 GB (4 GB x 2)|
|Total number of memory slots||–||2|
|Maximum memory capacity||–||32GB (16GB x 2)|
|Remark||Synology reserves the right to replace memory components with the same or higher frequency depending on the supplier’s product availability. Its compatibility and stability have been tested by the same strict test, please rest assured to use.||
|storage device||number of disk slots||2||4|
|Maximum number of disk slots to install expansion units||–||14 (DX517 x 2)|
|Compatible Disk Types* (See All Supported Disks)||3.5″ SATA HDD||
|Disk hot-plug support|
|Remark||Compatible disk type refers to the hard disk type confirmed to be compatible with the product after actual measurement, not the maximum speed limit of the hard disk slot.|
|External port||RJ-45 1GbE port||1||4 (Support Link Aggregation / Failover)|
|USB 3.0 port||2||3|
|Image output||Image output||HDMI X 1||–|
|Supported resolution||1080p 60Hz||–|
|Exterior||Size (HXWXD)||166mm x 106mm x 223mm||166mm x 250mm x 237mm|
|weight||1.51 kg||4.92 kg|
|other projects||wake on lan|
|system fan||92mm x 92mm x 1pcs||120mm x 120mm x 1pcs|
|Noise value*||18.4 dB(A)||28.3 dB(A)|
|Power Supply / Transformer||60W||250W|
|AC input voltage||100 V to 240 V AC||100 V to 240 V AC|
|Current frequency||50/60 Hz, single frequency||50/60 Hz, single frequency|
|Power consumption power*||19.93 W (Access)
4.02 W (HDD Hibernation)
|43.92 W (Access)
28.43 W (HDD Hibernation)
|British thermal unit||67.96 BTU/hr (Access)
13.71 BTU/hr (Hard Disk Sleep)
|149.86 BTU/hr (Access)
97.01 BTU/hr (HDD Hibernation)
|temperature||operating temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Storage temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)||-20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)|
|Relative humidity||5% to 95% RH||5% to 95% RH|
|Warranty||3 years||3 years|
|Remark||The warranty period begins on the date of purchase stated on the purchase receipt. (see more)|
|environment||RoHS Compliant||RoHS Compliant|
|Remark||–||To install an additional ECC memory module, be sure to remove the original non-ECC memory first. For more information, see here .|
|Download Center and Compatibility|
|Enterprise||3.5″ SATA HDD||Synology||HAT5300||HAT5300-16T||1401||16TB|
|Enterprise||3.5″ SATA HDD||Synology||HAT5300||HAT5300-12T||1401||12TB|
|Enterprise||3.5″ SATA HDD||Synology||HAT5300||HAT5300-8T||1401||8TB|
|Enterprise||3.5″ SATA HDD||Synology||HAT5300||HAT5300-4T||1401||4TB|
|Enterprise||3.5″ SATA HDD||Synology||HAT5300||HAT5300-4T||1402||4TB|
DISCUSS with others your opinion about this subject.
ASK questions to NAS community
SHARE more details what you have found on this subject
CONTRIBUTE with your own article or review. Click HERE
IMPROVE this niche ecosystem, let us know what to change/fix on this site
EARN KO-FI Share your knowledge with others and get paid for it! Click HERE