Rumours of a new Synology 2-Bay DS719+ NAS
When it comes to Network attached storage (NAS), there are few brands out there that are as popular as Synology. Over the last 10+ years, they have refined the industry, both in hardware and software, setting many trends that other brands have tried to emulate or copy, with varying degrees of success. One of their most popular range of devices is their 2-Bay Diskstation range of NAS for home and business. A two Hard drive equipped NAS is pretty much the ‘Reebok Classic’ of their range and is easily the most desired by NAS buyers worldwide. Today I am pleased to share rumours of a DS719+ new 2019 series NAS for the end of the year (or perhaps trickle over into the next).
What is the Synology DS719+ NAS and why should you care?
The DS719+ will be the latest 2-Bay to join the flagship series of NAS. Previously to this was the October ’17 released DS718+ and it met with a warm reception. There is no denying that the release of the incredibly popular DS918+ took the wind out of it’s sales and was a tad shadowed. With this new information reaching us at NASCompares regarding the DS719+ Diskstation is definitely something we are excited about and are looking forward to seeing the differences between it and the DS718+. With details so thin right now, it is hard to establish much, so I should stress that if your need for a NAS is at its peak, then you should stick with the DS718+, rather than wait.
What are the Specifications of the Synology DS719+ NAS?
As mentioned, the details we have received from the east are pretty thin on the DS719+ diskstation NAS. Synology is pretty tight-lipped when it comes to new releases, maintaining a similar approach to Apple in their strict control of leaks and early information. However, I can confirm that the Synology DS719+ will feature the following:
- It will feature an Intel Quad Core CPU (see rumour area below)
- It will feature 2GB of DDR3L memory and support an official upgrade to 6GB
- It will support the DX517 and allow you to add an additional 5 Bays of storage
- It will arrive with BTRFS and SHR
- No confirmation on the chassis, but can imagine a near identical revision of the DS718+
- RAID 0/1 support and more with the expansion
- 3 Years Warranty
- 2x RJ45 LAN 1Gbe ports
Below are educated guesses regarding the Synology DS719+, so please treat them as rumour until confirmed
- Given that the DS718+ arrived with the Intel J3455 CPU, but no PCIe slot or NVMe SSD slots, I think it is a good chance that one of these three specifications will be the main difference between the DS718+ and DS719+. To confirm, I think we will either see the newer Intel J4105 1.5GHz Quad Core CPU – OR – the same Intel J3455 CPU as before, but the inclusion of M.2 SSD cache slots or a PCIe slot.
- I think the price will remain very, very close to that of the DS718+. I know this isn’t much of a fact BUT it is worth highlighting that given the inclusion of the new DS1019+, the food chain of Synology NAS for 2019 will not have much wiggle room for retail prices in their range, without risking harming surrounding units like the DS918+ and DS219+ (pure speculation on that one).
Should I wait for the Synology DS719+ or Buy a NAS now?
At this time of writing, there just isn’t enough information to justifying waiting on the DS719+ new release. Right now, the Synolgy DS718+ is a great NAS and if the specifications are not enough for you, then I HIGHLY recommend the DS918+ NAS as it gives you everything the DS718+ does, but ups the game with more storage space and those fantastic NVMe SSD slots. Of course, if you want to stay on top of information on the new DS719+, then you need to subscribe here to NASCompares – just click the notification button on the bottom right corner there!
Check Availability and the Release of the Synology DS719+ Diskstation NAS here –
Visit the NASCompares Deal Finder to find the best place to buy this device in your region, based on Service, Support and Reputation - Just Search for your NAS Drive in the Box Below
SEARCH IN THE BOX BELOW FOR NAS DEALS