Which Qnap NAS runs ZFS? Does the TS-653D work with ZFS? Could you please test Quts Hero on the x53D series?
Was hoping to future proof my purchase and get something (reasonably priced like the TS-635D Celeron based) that will run now or in the future Quts-Hero. If I could know for sure the 653D is suitable, purchase would be easy.
If you ever have a chance to test ZFS on the TS-x53D (even if it’s not yet offered as an option by Qnap at the moment), many potential buyers would rest easier knowing they are futureproofed.
At the moment you will need to look at some rackmount models or quts-hero based NAS (XEON and RYZEN based).
In the near future, Qnap will offer to buy this operating system which will allow using Celeron based NAS. At least this is what they promised.
At the moments system requirement are as follow:
- QuTS hero requires a NAS with at least 4GB memory.
- Inline Data Deduplication requires a NAS with at least 8GB memory (at least 32GB memory is recommended for optimal performance).
- QuTS hero is not supported by dual-controller NAS systems.
- As QTS and QuTS hero use different file systems, the NAS system must be re-initialized before switching between QTS and QuTS hero. Users must back up their data and system settings beforehand.
- Release Note: https://www.qnap.com/go/release-notes/quts_hero/
Special edition QNAP NAS with QuTS hero preinstalled
QNAP provide the following special edition QNAP NAS with a preinstalled QuTS hero operating system. Take advantage of high-performance hardware and expandability with the cutting-edge storage management, data protection and optimized features of QuTS hero!
|Intel® Xeon® E2236 6-core/12-thread 3.4 GHz processor (Burst up to 4.8 GHz)||AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700X 8-core/16-thread 3.4 GHz processor (Turbo Core 4.4 GHz)||AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700X 8-core/16-thread 3.4 GHz processor (Turbo Core 4.4 GHz)|
|2 x 16GB / 4 x 32GB DDR4 ECC RAM||2 x 16GB / 4 x 32GB DDR4 RAM||2 x 16GB DDR4 RAM|