Backing up music files, from a bluesound vault 2 i.
I have a bluesound vault 2 i. I wish to know what would be the best device to back up all my music files. Thanks.
It will probably be working another way round. All you media will be stored on the NAS. Either with one drive failure protection or something better. Either way, you will find all your music collection from the NAS on your Bluesound speaker. There are few steps to set this up added bellow. But all you need is simple DS218j from Synology. It will be ready to store all your media and much more.
The Synology DiskStation works well with BluOS. The Synology DiskStation however does not always broadcast its shared folders unless you enable Guest access in the Synology Control Panel.
Alternatively you can open the BluOS App select Enter share name manually from the Bluesound Navigation Drawer’s Configure player, Configure network share menu. For Synology DiskStation, the default path is \\DiskStation\Music.
In Windows or Mac OS X, connect to your Synology DiskStation using the software provided to enable Guest access.
- Launch Synology Control panel
- Select File Services
- Select Win/Mac/NFS and verify that the Windows File Service is enabled
- Select User and verify that the guest account is enabled and in “Normal” status. It will be disabled by default
- Select Shared Folder
- Select the Folder you are looking to share and click Edit
- Under Permissions, ensure that Read Only or Read/Write access is selected for the user guest
- Press OK and close the Control Panel
And more to read: https://support1.bluesound.com/hc/en-us/articles/203904628-How-do-I-connect-music-on-my-NAS-PC-or-iTunes-Shared-Music-to-Bluesound-