Can the MR2200AC be connect to my RT2600AC with Ethernet while in WiFi Point (mesh) mode to get faster access? I tried connecting to my wired network, but doesn’t seem to work?
Here is how to set it up:
With a Wi-Fi system built through Ethernet, you can enjoy a stable backhaul network and provide fine Wi-Fi signals for your target spaces.
To deploy a Wi-Fi system via Ethernet cable, please refer to the following steps:
- Power on all your Wi-Fi points in the same space. We suggest keeping them at least 1 meter away form each other.
- Complete the first time installation, including adding Wi-Fi points, or run the Add wizard at Wi-Fi Connect > Wi-Fi Point on your current Synology Router. Both methods need to be processed through a Wireless connection. Please also make sure all Wi-Fi points have been set up correctly.
- Place the Wi-Fi points where you wish to extend the Wi-Fi signal, and connect the Ethernet cable from the LAN port of the previous Wi-Fi points to the WAN port of the current Wi-Fi point.
- When you change the connection type, it will take a while for SRM to optimize the network map to achieve the best performance. During this process, devices that are already connected might experience a short Internet connection disruption. Please wait until the process is complete and do not shut down any of your Wi-Fi points.
- In an Ethernet backhaul environment, the primary Wi-Fi point and additional Wi-Fi points must be connected through an Ethernet cable, and only the Wi-Fi points at the end of the connection can be connected wirelessly.