CES 2021 WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR
PNY Launches XLR8 CS3140 M.2 NVMe Gen4 x4 SSD
PNY announces the launch of XLR8 CS3140 M.2 NVMe Gen4 x4 Solid State Drive, the “CS3140”, delivering speeds never seen before…
Read more at cdrlabs
ADATA At CES2021: XPG GAMMIX S70 PCIe 4.0 SSD Now Available
Read more at anandtech
NETGEAR DEBUTS WIFI 6E WITH NEW NIGHTHAWK RAXE500 TRI-BAND WIFI ROUTER
CES 2021 The Netgear Nighthawk RAXE500 achieves data transfer rates of up to 10.8 Gbit / s.
Netgear has presented such a device with the Nighthawk RAXE500. As the name suggests, the tri-band WiFi router covers three frequency bands. These include the 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz and 6 GHz bands. The latter is still subject to the restriction in Germany that only 480 MHz of the theoretically possible 1200 MHz have been released.
Technical Specifications :
- New 6GHz Band—with up to 200% more available spectrum than dual-band (5GHz and 2.4GHz) WiFi alone.
- Ultra-Low Latency—Very few devices on new 6GHz band means lower latency for gaming and real-time traffic.
- More High-Bandwidth WiFi Channels—Blazing-fast speed and less interference with 3X more high-bandwidth 160MHz WiFi channels.
- 12-Streams Tri-Band WiFi—Four streams of 6GHz, four streams of 5GHz, and four streams of 2.4GHz equates to more available bandwidth and less congestion for all devices on WiFi.
- WiFi 6E Optimized Powerful Processor—Ideal for Gigabit Internet speeds, a 64-bit 1.8GHz quad-core processor ensures smooth 4K/8K UHD streaming and gaming.
- Multi-Gig Ethernet Port 2.5G—2.5X the wired speed of a typical Gigabit port, to be used for LAN or Internet connectivity.
- Five (5) Gigabit Ethernet Ports—Connect more wired devices for faster file transfer and uninterrupted connections. Aggregate two Gigabit LAN ports and two Gigabit WAN ports (configurable) concurrently.
- Pre-optimized Antennas—Unfold and set antennas on the router; no further adjustment required. The Nighthawk RAXE500 antennas come pre-optimized for the best WiFi performance.
- NETGEAR® Armor™ Cybersecurity for your Home—Advanced cyberthreat protection for your home network and an unlimited number of connected devices. Learn more at netgear.com/armor.
- Automatic firmware updates—Latest security patches delivered to the router without the need for user intervention.
The NETGEAR® Nighthawk® RAXE500 Tri-band WiFi router is currently planned to be available within the first quarter of 2021 from NETGEAR.com and other online resellers for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $599.99 USD.
NETGEAR INTRODUCES NEW MOBILE 4G AND 5G WIRELESS SOLUTIONS FOR RELIABLE INTERNET CONNECTIVITY FROM ANYWHERE
Nighthawk® M5 Mobile Router is currently available from AT&T in North America for $509.99 and will also be available during the first half of 2021 as a retail unlocked device for North American customers. The 5G mobile router is now shipping in Europe for £739 GBP in the UK and €799 in the rest of the Europe.
NETGEAR® 4G LTE Modem (LM1200) is now available in North America from NETGEAR.com for an MSRP of $149.99 USD. The 4G LTE modem is expected to be available in the rest of the world later this year.
The Nighthawk® 4G LTE WiFi 6 Router (LAX20) is now available worldwide and on NETGEAR.com for an MSRP of $299.99. The 4G LTE WiFi 6 Router is also currently available in the UK for £309 and €329 throughout the Europe.
NETGEAR ENHANCES INSIGHT CLOUD MANAGEMENT PLATFORM WITH INTUITIVE NETWORK TOPOLOGY MAPS
Insight version 6.0 also comes with a set of tools to manage larger WiFi networks, including the ability to implement high-density wireless deployments by providing a single console to centrally install and configure more complex networks. This new offering is ideal for 50-250 employee companies, schools with multiple floors and local government organizations, among others.
Insight Features for High-Density WiFi management include:
- Support for 802.11 k/v/r WiFi network roaming standards: improves user experience for wireless clients with higher speeds and no break in coverage as they move from one access point to another
- Load Balancing: Allows IT managers to balance out traffic across multiple access points to ensure optimal throughput and performance
- Advanced Rate Selection: set limitations on access points based on client signal strength threshold and number of client devices
- SSID-level Client Isolation: ensure network isolation from one wireless network to another
- Client Roaming History: look through client roaming history to adjust access point position and settings to improve signal
Wireless connectivity is the lifeblood of a business. As businesses grow, so do their wired and wireless networks, creating work complexity for network managers. With NETGEAR Insight, experience a new way to manage your network from anywhere. Learn more at www.netgear.com/insight
Insight Remote Management is now available as an automated firmware update to Insight capable products in the field and will be included as part of any future Insight managed product purchase.
NETGEAR ADVANCES WiFi 6 LEADERSHIP WITH NEW ACCESS POINTS, IDEAL FOR WORK-FROM-HOME APPLICATIONS AND SMALL BUSINESSES
Feature Comparison Chart
|WiFi Technology||WiFi 6 (802.11ax)||WiFi 6 (802.11ax)|
|WiFi Standards Supported||802.11b/g/n/ac/ax||802.11b/g/n/ac/ax|
|Frequencies||2.4GHz, 5.0GHz||2.4GHz, 5.0GHz|
|# of SSIDs||4||4|
|Speed||1.8Gbps (AX1800)||3.6Gbps (AX3600)|
|Ethernet Port||One 1GbE port||One 2.5GbE port|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.33 x 6.33 × 1.31 in
(160.9 × 160.9 x 33.28 mm)
|8.11 x 8.11 x 1.37 in
(205.73 x 205.73 x 34.75 mm)
|Weight||0.84lb (380g)||1.737lb (788g)|
The WAX214 WiFi 6 Access Point is available and shipping in the USA and Europe today. Prices are as follows: $119.99 (USA), €119.99 (Europe), and £109.99 (U.K).
The WAX218 WiFi 6 Access Point is available and shipping in the USA and Europe today. Prices are as follows: $224.99 (USA), €229.99 (Europe), and £209.99 (U.K).
For more information about the latest additions to NETGEAR’s next generation of advanced wireless devices, please visit NETGEAR.com/business/wifi6.
NETGEAR INTRODUCES NEW MULTI-GIG SWITCHES IDEALLY SUITED FOR WiFi 6 DEPLOYMENTS AND MORE
The MS510TXM Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Smart switch is available and shipping worldwide today. Prices are as follows: $459.99 (USA), €489.99 (Europe), £429.99 (U.K) and ¥61,500 (Japan). For local currency prices in your country, please contact your NETGEAR dealer/reseller.
The MS510TXUP Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Ultra60 PoE++ Smart switch is also available and shipping worldwide today. Prices are as follows: $559.99 (USA), €609.99 (Europe), £579.99 (U.K) and ¥93,750 (Japan). For local currency prices in your country, please contact your NETGEAR dealer/reseller.
For more information about the latest additions to NETGEAR’s next generation of advanced multi-gig switches, please visit NETGEAR.com/multi-gig.
For more information about the latest additions to NETGEAR’s next generation of advanced PoE switches, please visit NETGEAR.com/poe.
CES 2021: Western Digital’s Portable SSDs Get Capacity Upgrades: 4TB of TLC for $680
Western Digital markets portable SSDs under different brands, catering to different market segments. The flagships in each brand make use of of very similar platforms – a M.2 NVMe SSD behind an appropriate bridge chip. The industrial design varies from brand to brand to appeal better to the target market. The WD My Passport and SanDisk Extreme Portable SSDs are USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gbps) SSDs using an ASMedia ASM2362 bridge chip and a WD SN550E PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe SSD. The WD_BLACK P50 and SanDisk Extreme PRO Portable SSDs are USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 (20Gbps) SSDs using an ASMedia 2364 bridge chip with a SN750E and a SN730E PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe SSD respectively.
More at anandtech
Kingston Announces New NVMe Lineup At CES
- Ghost Tree: The company’s upcoming High-Performance Gen 4.0 drive aimed at the content creator and power user. Codenamed “Ghost Tree,” Kingston is targeting speeds of 7000MB/s read and write, with capacities ranging from 1TB-4TB.
- NV Series: The latest Gen 3.0 x4 SSD is the ideal entry-level drive for first-time NVMe users with capacities up to 2TB.
- XS2000: Kingston’s all-new USB 3.2 Gen 2 x2 external drive with 500GB – 2TB capacities for additional storage for photos, videos and other files. The USB Type-C interface allows for data transfers up to 2000MB/s.
- DC1500M: The Data Center 1500M is an update to the DC1000M adding support for multi-namespaces. The U.2 NVMe SSD is designed to support a wide range of data- intensive workloads including cloud computing, web hosting and virtual infrastructures.
More at storagereview
News Bits: NETGEAR, Computex, BackupAssist, Wasabi, SingleStore, & AWS
NETGEAR has reemphasized some of its earlier announcements such as the new Orbi as well as introducing new Multi-Gigabit switches and new Access Points. The two new switches, MS510TXM and MS510TXUP, are both rackmount 8 port smart managed switches. Both work nicely with the new WiFi 6 Access points including the WAX610 and WAX610PA.
More at storagereview