Synology show us the DS2419+ NAS for 2018/19 Release
Another new Synology NAS for their growing 2019 range, the DS2419+ is the latest unit to be shown at their private Synology exhibition event in Taipei, close to Computex 2018 event in Taiwan. Generally, Synology has been a brand that was eerily quiet when it comes to letting the public know about new releases, choosing to sell through their existing range first. Typically prices of older and newer generation devices will remain pretty level (taking inflation and minor increases in line with improved internal hardware into consideration) and this has been their system for a number of years now. However, in 2018, they have been unusually talkative and open about their up and coming hardware and have already alluded to several new units, such as the DS619slim and DS1019+. The DS2419+ NAS is the latest unit to be unveiled and even with the few details available now, it is still clearly going to be a popular unit.
What are the hardware specification of the Synology DS2419+ NAS
Details on the DS2419+ NAS were a little thin and most information has been gathered from the data sheets available on site, at brief mentions in the Synology presentation (available online) and with what little information the assistants on hand were willing to elaborate on. The hardware is still pretty interesting and definitely worth a look.
The DS2419+ arrives with the Atom C3538 CPU, 2.1Ghz CPU
The NAS features 4GB of DDR4 memory, up to a maximum of 32GB
Familiar 12-Bay Synology Chassis design
The DS2419+ can be expanded by connecting the DX1217
Supporting the latest hard drives upto 14TB and SATA based 2.5″ SSD
Dual Rear mounted automatic/manual cooling fan and ventilation throughout the device
4x LAN ports (RJ45)
2x USB Ports
PCI slot for adding 10GBe, SSD cache cards such as the M2D18 and M2D17 and 40GBe
What are the software specifications of the DS2419+ Synology NAS
Luckily for us, as this device will use the Synology Diskstation software (DSM) 6.2, it means that the bulk of the software abilities of the DS2419+ are fairly easy to summarize. Of course we will no doubt see beta applications popping up on the app center on the DS2419+ at release, but for the most part, you can see that all the important/popular Synology applications are available:
- The DS2419+ supports popular Synology apps such as Synology Drive, Moments, Chat, Mail, Calendar, Photo station, Music station, Video Station, File station, Active Backup and Office
- With the CCTV and Security focus ‘Surveillance Station’ application, the DS2419+ supports up to 40x cameras at once and arrives with 2 camera licences to get you started
- The is a good number of third-party applications such as Plex Media Server and Emby available in the app center
- Several RAID configurations for your drive media, as well as the Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) that lets you mix drive types, size, speed and brand
- The internal file system is BTRFS or EXT 4 as you need
- The DS2419+ can act as a centralized backup for all of your devices over the network or internal, or even as a network/internet backup to another NAS via the internal software
- Via Cloud synchronization, the DS2419+ can back up too/from popular third-party cloud platforms such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon S3 and more
- Mobile applications on iOS and Android to access your DS2419+ such as DS File, DS Music, DS Photo, DS Video, Moments, Drive and many more, all free
When will the Synology DS2419+ NAS be released
As with the rest of the Synology 2019 range, the DS2419+ official release date is unknown, however knowing the brand, they will release these devices gradually through September, October and November 2018. As more information becomes available on the DS2419+, do remember to stay tuned to NASCompares to stay up to date with all things NAS at both Computex and CeBit 2018.
Need Advice on Data Storage from an Expert?We want to keep the free advice on NASCompares FREE for as long as we can. Since this service started back in Jan '18, We have helped hundreds of users every month solve their storage woes, but we can only continue to do this with your support. So please do choose to buy at SPAN, use links to Amazon on the articles when buying to provide advert revenue support or to donate/support the site below. Finally, for free advice about your setup, just leave a message in the comments below here at NASCompares.com and we will get back to you.
Need Help? Where possible (and where appropriate) please provide as much information about your requirements, as then I can arrange the best answer and solution to your needs. Do not worry about your e-mail address being required, it will NOT be used in a mailing list and will NOT be used in any way other than to respond to your enquiry.