Hi, I had DS218 synology and I couldn’t find any Wi-Fi Dongle that is on the Synology Compatibility list. Is that mean I had to use Lan cable? But the office that I rent they only can provide me a wi-fi connection.
Can you suggest me what can I do or is there any wi-fi dongle that will work on my DS218?
Asus AC56 was a popular choice. I am not sure if it is still compatible with the latest NAS firmware. https://nascompares.com/wifi-dongle-for-synology-nas/
But I would recommend WiFi extenders with a built-in RJ45 Ethernet connection. This would be the fastest and simplest way to achieve this. Otherwise, you could get a Synology MR2200 access point and use that with ethernet at the back.
Here is what I just found:
BrosTrend AC1200 Ethernet-2-WiFi Universal Wireless Adapter for Printer, Smart TV, Blu-Ray Player, Game Console, PS4, Xbox
- CONNECT YOUR WIRED DEVICE TO Wi-Fi: by Using this BrosTrend Dual Band Ethernet to Wireless Adapter, your Ethernet-enabled Devices can Access the Internet via Wireless Connection, Powered by Electrical Outlet
- WORK WITH ANY ETHERNET ENABLED DEVICES: This Wireless to Ethernet Adapter Supports Smart TV, Game Console, Blu-Ray Player, Network Printer, Raspberry Pi, Ethernet Switch or Computer etc., No Driver Installation or Update Needed
- AC1200 FASTER WIRELESS SPEED: Up to 867Mbps on 5GHz WiFi or 300Mbps on 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, Excellent for Online Video Streaming, Gaming, High Quality Music and Facebook by Using this 802.11ac WiFi Ethernet Adapter for Smart TV, 4 X Speed of N300
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: This 5GHz Universal Wireless Adapter Works with Any 802.11ax/ac/a/b/g/n WiFi Routers; Tech Support Email firstname.lastname@example.org; 24 MONTHS WARRANTY of UNCONDITIONAL REFUND OR REPLACEMENT
- BETTER WIFI SIGNAL: BrosTrend Ethernet Wireless Adapter comes with 2X Angle Adjustable External Smart WiFi Antennas which Pick up Stronger Wi-Fi Signal than Internal Ones
I hope this helps.