Brand New Plus Series 12-Bay DS2419+ NAS from Synology
As we fast approach the middle of the year, we wait with baited breath about the new releases that will be revealed at Computex 2018 in Taiwan and CeBit 2018. Many of the hottest pieces of technology in 2018 will be uncovered by brands. One NAS drive brand, however, chooses to do things a little differently and in Taiwan in June (and in Hannover too later that month) Synology are revealing several new pieces of NAS server technology to kick off their ‘Synology 2019’ Series. Today I want to talk about a new big storage solution, the Synology DS2419+ Diskstation NAS. This newly announced DS2419+ is a 12 Bay Plus Series NAS, which means that although details are a little thin right now, we can make some pretty informed guesses. This new NAS is the follow up to the DS2415+ 12-Bay, released quite some time again and it shares a number of its characteristics. Luckily it also benefits from a number of new innovations that have been developed and premiered in other units since it’s predecessors release.
What are the Specifications of the Synology DS2419+ Rackstation NAS?
We will see a great deal more information drop on this device in the new two weeks, but already much of the hardware spec of the DS2418+ has been confirmed. Below I have detailed what I know is true and what we can make educated guesses towards (marked with TBC). Take a look:
- The DS2419+ from Synology will most likely be using the Intel Atom C3538 CPU (2.1Ghz), recently used in the DS1618+ (TBC)
- Memory is tough to confirm, but given its predecessor and the new CPU, we can predict 4-64GB of DDR4 memory across 4 slots (TBC)
- Includes a PCIe Slot for 10Gbe, 40Gbe or the NEW M2D18 NVMe SSD Cache card
- You can connect the Synology DX1215 (or perhaps a brand new DX1219) to add an additional 12 bays, making a maximum 24x HDD media
- Four LAN ports, like its predecessor. So options such as link aggregation will be available to effectively quadruple your upload and download speeds
- Four USB 3.0 ports for making local storage network accessible, as well as being used to back up the DS2419+ to local storage, or visa versa.
- By the time of its official release, Supporting DSM 6.2 (surely that will have been FULLY released by then!)
- 3 Year Warranty, as you would expect with a plus series NAS. However, I also think the extended warranty (bringing it 5 years) will also be included as an extra purchase
- Lockable HDD Trays and screwless HDD installation design
- Supporting the latest 10TB, 12TB and 14TB (currently only HGST) Hard Drives, as well as the latest SSD drives for fast-acting storage or SSD caching
- Supporting BTRFS and SHR (Synology Hybrid RAID), as well as standards like EXT4 and all the traditional RAID levels like RAID 0,1,5,6,10,etc
When will the Synology DS2419+ NAS be Released?
For those looking for solid hardware internally and externally, but maintaining a long, long-term storage choice in your NAS, this Synology DS2419+ 12-Bay NAS will be an exciting choice for your home or business. Details on the Synology Diskstation DS2419+ NAS are very thin and will have more very soon from the Synology events in Taiwan and Hannover, outside Computex and CeBit 2018 as they happen. Stay tuned!
Need Advice on Data Storage from an Expert?
I (Robbie - the dude on YouTube) want to keep the free advice on NASCompares FREE for as long as I can. Since this service started back in Jan '18, I have helped hundreds of users every month solve their storage woes, but I can only continue to do this with your support. So please do choose to buy at SPAN, use links to Amazon on the articles when buying to provide advert revenue support or to donate/support the site below.
Finally, for free advice about your setup, just leave a message in the comments below here at NASCompares.com and I will get back to you.
Where possible (and where appropriate) please provide as much information about your requirements, as then I can arrange the best answer and solution to your needs. Do not worry about your e-mail address being required, it will NOT be used in a mailing list and will NOT be used in any way other than to respond to your enquiry.