Brand New Plus Series 5-Bay DS1019+ NAS from Synology
With two of the biggest events in technology coming in just a few weeks, many NAS buyers are waiting for CeBit 2018 and Computex 2018 to see what awesome new tech they will be getting their hands on later in the year. Lucky for you, we at NASCompares have found out about several new Synology NAS devices that are going to be on show at official events in both Taiwan and Hannover in June. Arguably the most popular news and one that will get the most attention is the newly announced DS1019+ is a 5 Bay Plus Series Diskstation NAS. This brand new 5-Bay alternative to the DS918+, (no mention of it replacing the incredibly popular 4-Bay) is definitely going to cause a stir with the NAS server buyer market. Although details are a little thin (and most will surely be confirmed in coming weeks), what we do know is enough for me to predict that this NAS will be a real game changer. Arriving with a newly designed chassis, a fraction wider than the DS918+, it will surely cost a fraction more than the DS918+ NAS, but what else do we know about the new DS1019+ NAS?
What are the Specifications of the Synology DS1019+ Diskstation NAS?
Currently, all specs and hardware details surrounding the DS1019+ Diskstation NAS from Synology are subject to change, but below I have detailed what I know and what is likely.
- The DS1019+ from Synology will most likely be using the Intel J3455 1.6Ghz-2.3Ghz Quad Core CPU, however, there is a chance of a return of the Pentium CPU seen in the DS916+ (TBC)
- 4-8GB of DDR3 memory across 2 slots
- Dual internal NVMe based SSD slots (like those found in the DS918+) for vastly improved read and Write caching options
- Dual 1Gbe Connectivity as this is a plus series NAS and that is pretty standard
- The ability to Connect the Synology DX517 to add an additional 5 bays, making a maximum 10x HDD media
- Supporting BTRFS and SHR (Synology Hybrid RAID), as well as standards like EXT4 and all the traditional RAID levels like RAID 0,1,5,6,10,etc
- Supporting DSM 6.2, although still in last stages of beta, I am positive it will be fully available in time for the release
- As this is a plus series NAS, 3 Year Warranty
- Lockable HDD Trays and click and load screwless design, much like other Synology Diskstation NAS
- It will Support the latest 10TB, 12TB and 14TB (currently only HGST) Hard Drives
- Dual Rear fans as this seems pretty standard once a NAS is above 4 Bays
- No front USB Copy, which is a shame, but at least 2 USB 3.0 Ports (TBC)
When will the Synology DS1019+ NAS be Released?
Details on the Synology Diskstation DS1019+ NAS are very thin and will have more very soon from the Synology events in Taiwan and Hannover, outside Computex and CeBit 2018. However, I do maintain that this could possibly be one of the most popular NAS servers of the year. We will let you know more as this happens and will be covering both Computex and Cebit here on NASCompares, so subscribe to stay informed.
Check Availability and the Release of the Synology DS1019+ Diskstation NAS here –
Need Advice on Data Storage from an Expert?
We want to keep the free advice on NASCompares FREE for as long as we can. Since this service started back in Jan '18, We have helped hundreds of users every month solve their storage woes, but we can only continue to do this with your support. So please do choose to buy at SPAN, use links to Amazon on the articles when buying to provide advert revenue support or to donate/support the site below.
Finally, for free advice about your setup, just leave a message in the comments below here at NASCompares.com and we will get back to you.
Need Help? Where possible (and where appropriate) please provide as much information about your requirements, as then I can arrange the best answer and solution to your needs. Do not worry about your e-mail address being required, it will NOT be used in a mailing list and will NOT be used in any way other than to respond to your enquiry.