How to Use the Synology Surveillance Station DVA3219 NAS Features
Synology Deep Learning NVR comes with powerful AI Image Analysis technology which is built into the Deep Video Analytics application in Surveillance Station. It’s complete functionality is free of any hidden fees and requires no extra software or external device installation. For you to achieve optimal analytic accuracy, this document will guide you through the essentials of deploying Deep Motion Detection cameras and suggest the most suitable installation scenarios.
Since traditional motion detection technology relies heavily on changes in pixels and motion vectors, movements such as shaking leaves, floating clouds, and shifting lights sometimes cause false alarms. Now, Synology Deep Learning NVR, with its in-built GPU display card leveraging Deep Learning AI, introduces the new generation of analysis: Deep Motion Detection. Combining the AI’s rapid responses with an extensive object database, Deep Motion Detection can instantly recognize various items and deliver high stability. Such efficiency greatly reduces the number of false alarms and can save administrators a considerable amount of time and effort.
The Importance of the Right NVR Setup for your DVA3219 NAS
The delicate filtering functions of DVA is also capable of identifying and screening out background movements in your surroundings. Motion such as natural light and shadow changes, rain and snow, or swaying leaves can all be filtered out, allowing Deep Motion Detection to make intelligent judgments without missing important events.
Moreover, Synology Deep Learning NVR supports multichannel image analysis and is able to track and trace several objects. DVA3219, for instance, has the ability to run four Deep Motion Detection analyses with two detection zones with different parameters simultaneously. You can easily adjust filters to meet various usage scenarios.
As unfitting environments and settings may affect accuracy, the following chapters will introduce the key factors to mount and configure cameras successfully:
- Design suitable installation scenarios
- Select fitting camera models and locations
- Assign appropriate software settings
Synology Surveillance – Mount IP Cameras Correctly!
This chapter introduces how to mount cameras and arrange proper lighting. Please rest assured that the analysis will run with good precision even if some of the requirements below are not fulfilled. Select and Position Cameras
Camera model types and configurations influence the quality of the images. As stable footage and the removal of moving distractions are crucial for Deep Motion Detection to function as expected, please do the following if possible:
- For a flexible stream quality, select cameras which support multi-stream with 1280×720@20 FPS or above for a flexible stream quality
- Select cameras with IR schedule. This helps filter out sharp picture changes during the shift from day to night mode that may falsely trigger events
- Keep the camera signal as stable as possible. Wired connections are highly recommended
- Remove mobile items from the detection areas. Objects such as automatic doors, escalators, and cleaning robots may cause false alarms
- Avoid possible sources of interference that may cause miscalculations, such as shadows on walls and mirrored objects
- Firmly fix cameras for stable images. For instance, do not let blowing winds shake outdoor cameras
- Mount cameras at least 2.5 to 4 meters high to for optimum object-identification accuracy
- Keep the lenses clean so that dust, insects, or other stains do not block the sight.
Synology Surveillance – Prepare Suitable Lighting
Good lighting is crucial. If the surroundings are too dark, footage may blur and cause details to be lost; if there is excessive illumination, images can be overexposed and disturb the clarity.
If possible, please do the following:
- Provide sufficient lighting, preferably with a light level over 300 lux, or use cameras with IR support. Features of moving objects are hard to recognize in dark images
- Avoid direct sunlight in the detection areas. Direct light may leave streaks in the images or cause overexposure, affecting the picture quality.
Still Need Help with your DVA3219 Surveillance Station NAS? Click the Guide that best suits your needs the most, that can help you use your Synology DVA3219 NAS and Surveillance Station:
Synology Surveillance DVA3219 Deep Motion Detection User Guide
Synology Surveillance DVA3219 People Counting User Guide
Synology Surveillance DVA3219 Intrusion Detection User Guide
Synology Surveillance DVA3219 No-Idle Zone User Guide
Articles Get Updated Regularly - Get an alert every time something gets added to this page!
This description contains links to Amazon. These links will take you to some of the products mentioned in today's content. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Visit the NASCompares Deal Finder to find the best place to buy this device in your region, based on Service, Support and Reputation - Just Search for your NAS Drive in the Box Below
SEARCH IN THE BOX BELOW FOR NAS DEALS
Need Advice on Data Storage from an Expert?We want to keep the free advice on NASCompares FREE for as long as we can. Since this service started back in Jan '18, We have helped hundreds of users every month solve their storage woes, but we can only continue to do this with your support. So please do choose to buy at Amazon US and Amazon UK on the articles when buying to provide advert revenue support or to donate/support the site below. Finally, for free advice about your setup, just leave a message in the comments below here at NASCompares.com and we will get back to you. Need Help? Where possible (and where appropriate) please provide as much information about your requirements, as then I can arrange the best answer and solution to your needs. Do not worry about your e-mail address being required, it will NOT be used in a mailing list and will NOT be used in any way other than to respond to your enquiry.