Is there a 2.5 GbE USB adapter for Synology?
Before Aquantia based PCIe cards and adapters used to work. But Synology saw people using Qnap components inside Synology, so they blocked this chip. But realtek seems untouched still.
Yes, looks like bb-qq has made this possible. Also someone in Germany has put this into practice. I have added videos and links bellow from these. I will update you when I test this myself. And you will also see an article and video.
Here is what I found so far.
DSM driver for realtek RTL8152/RTL8153/RTL8156 based USB Ethernet adapters
This is a RTL8152/RTL8153/RTL8156 driver package for Synology NASes.
Supported NAS platform
- DSM 6.2
- apollolake based products
- DS918+ (confirmed working)
I very much appreciate if you report whether it works.
Supported RTL8156(2.5Gbps) based devices
Currently I only confirmed products marked “confirmed working”. If you got other products and they do not work, please create a issue with its vendor id.
- ASUSTOR AS-U2.5G (Type-C, confirmed working) USA UK
- Plannex USB-LAN2500R (Type-A, confirmed working, Japan only) USA UK
- Buffalo LUA-U3-A2G (Type-A, confirmed working, Japan only)USA UK
- CLUB 3D CAC-1420 (Type-A) USA UK
- TUC-ET2G (Type-C) USA UK
- CableCreation B07VNFLTLD (Type-A)USA UK
How to install
- Go to “Package Center”
- Press “Manual Install”
- Chose a driver package downloaded from the Release page.
Detailed instruction is here.