Best 10GBE or 1 GBE Wifi Router
I was wondering what the best router/network set is available for a Home Network? Video editing, Uncompressed Video streaming and Gaming are the three highest bandwidth activities I do. For Wifi, I don’t think I need a MESH router because my house is smaller and the bulk of the work is in one rule.
My choice would be Nighthawk Pro Gaming SX10. Not only it looks amazing with its configurable colors, but it also features 10GbE ports. The link aggregation function can potentially aggregate up to 20GbE for very demanding 4K video editors.
If you need something even better than NETGEAR R9000 Nighthawk X10 Tri-Band router specs speak for itself:
- 802.11ac quad stream Wave2 Wi-Fi plus 802.11ad Wi-Fi, up to 4600+1733+800 Mbps wireless speed
- System requirements: Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher. 60 GHz 802.11ad Wi-Fi, speed Wi-Fi technology for instant downloads and backup
- Plex media server, all your movie, TV show, music, video and photo collections at your fingertips; anywhere you go, on the devices you love
- High-performance active antennas, better Wi-Fi coverage and speeds; SmartConnect, designates slower and devices to separate Wi-Fi bands for wireless speed
- Powerful 1.7 GHz quad core processor, fastest processor for home router for better 4K streaming, VR gaming, surfing or anything you throw at it
- Requires a modem; plex media server; Alexa enabled. Place the router in an elevated location,minimizing the number walls and ceilings between the routerand your other devices