Best WiFi 6 router for 10GbE NAS
Need help pairing router for fastest lan and wan wireless access
I have recently purchased a TS-453Be with 12Tb of storage, 16Gb memory, and 10Gbe card.
I’m trying to figure out which Asus router will be the best pairing for this NAS. Considering the rt-ax86u or rt-ax88u, but the lack of multi gig ports tells me it’s not the best choice.
What router features will let me maximize the speed of the qnap, on wireless networks?
Assume all my connected devices are wifi 6 capable.
Any help is appreciated. I called Asus 3x separate times hoping to get someone knowledgeable, but they were clearly just reading off spec sheets.
AX6000 is a faster router thanks to an additional antenna. It also comes with more LAN ports.
RT-AX86U comes with a single 2.5GbE which is still much slower then 10GbE and you will need an additional switch to add extra LAN ports.
Either way, none of these will benefit from 10GbE connectivity.
You should consider RT-AX89X that comes with dual 10GbE and WiFi6. This would be the best option. You can connect a NAS and a PC or simply distribute incoming 10GbE via several 1GbE LAN connections.
I hope this helps.
- Next-Gen WiFi 6 Standard – 802.11ax WiFi standard for better efficiency and throughput.
- Ultrafast WiFi Speed – 12-stream 6000Mbps WiFi speed to handle even the busiest network with ease.
- Dual 10G ports – Enjoy up to 10X-faster data-transfer speeds for bandwidth-demanding tasks with 10GBase-T and 10G SFP+ networking technology port.
- Wider Usage and More Convenience – 8 antennas + 8 LAN ports to support more clients at the same time.
- Commercial-grade Security – AiProtection Pro, powered by Trend Micro™, blocks internet security threats for all your connected smart devices.
- Better Partner with Mesh System – Compatible with ASUS AiMesh WiFi system for seamless whole-home coverage.
RT-AX89X is a 8×8 dual-band WiFi router that provides 1024-QAM for dramatically faster wireless connections. With a total networking speed of about 6000Mbps — 1148Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 4804Mbps on the 5GHz band — RT-AX89X is up to 2.8X faster than 802.11ac 4×4 dual-band routers.3
Ultra-fast Wired Speed
The RT-AX89X comes with two 10G ports, one Base-T and SFP+ port, which means both fiber and copper 10G connections are supported. Capture ISP advertised speeds or use your own 10G LAN network between PCs and NAS.
Built for Multi-device Households
With a revolutionary combination of OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology, 802.11ax technology provides up to 4X greater network capacity and efficiency in traffic-dense environments. Previous-generation 802.11ac WiFi can only handle one device at a time on each network channel, which is an inefficient use of available bandwidth. OFDMA support in the 802.11ax WiFi standard divides each channel into small sub-channels, allowing signals from multiple devices* to be bundled together and transmitted simultaneously, reducing latency for a smoother, more responsive WiFi experience.
Wireless that’s as Stable as Wired Ethernet
When you are far away from your router, enjoying the stability of a wired network connection is usually impractical or impossible. With special designed antennas, RT-AX89X provides wide coverage and a stable signal, letting you enjoy a reliable and smooth connection for gaming or work anywhere in your home.
Powerful Whole-home WiFi System.
The Way You Want.
In most cases, your RT-AX89X can deliver smooth, reliable WiFi to every part of your home. But WiFi coverage can be affected by many factors — room layout, construction materials, and even furnishings. ASUS AiMesh is an innovative new router feature that fixes these problems: it creates a whole-home WiFi network using multiple ASUS routers. AiMesh is powerful, flexible and you can use a mix of ASUS router models — protecting your investment! AiMesh gives you time-saving central control, and seamless roaming capability. AiMesh is WiFi you can rely on — for all your devices, all the time!
- Turn your ASUS routers into whole-home WiFi system with a simple firmware update
- Mix and match preferred models from selected ASUS routers
- Create a WiFi network with either a single SSID or multiple SSIDs
- All router features works across the entire WiFi system
- 1 The data refers to uplink OFDMA
- 2 ac data refers to: 40MHz / 256QAM on 2.4GHz band and 80MHz / 256QAM on 5GHz band. ax data refers to: 40MHz / 1024QAM on 2.4GHz band and 160MHz / 1024QAM on 5GHz band
- 3 The data refer to 5GHz/bandwidth 80MHz
- * To benefit from 802.11ax features, the WiFi client needs to be 802.11ax capable.
- ** Actual data throughput and WiFi coverage will vary from network conditions and environmental factors, including the volume of network traffic, building material and construction, and network overhead, result in lower actual data throughput and wireless coverage.
- *** Quoted network speeds and bandwidth based on current IEEE 802.11ax specifications. Actual performance may be affected by network and service provider factors, interface type, and other conditions. Connected devices must be 802.11ax-compatible for best results.