2.5g usb for qnap nas
hi do you know any 2.5GbE usb brand that can work with qnap nas?
Qnap have made their own 5GbE USB adapter QNA-UC5G1T. It is backwards compatible and will also support 1GbE and 2.5GbE network switches, cables and computer PCIe cards.
But if you prefer something cheaper and matching 2.5GbE speeds then look for the RTL8156 chip-based products.
Supported RTL8156(2.5Gbps) based devices
Currently, I only confirmed products marked “confirmed working”. If you got other products and they do not work, please create an issue with its vendor id.
- ASUSTOR AS-U2.5G (Type-C, confirmed working) USA UK
- Plannex USB-LAN2500R (Type-A, confirmed working, Japan only) USA UK
- Buffalo LUA-U3-A2G (Type-A, confirmed working, Japan only)USA UK
- CLUB 3D CAC-1420 (Type-A) USA UK
- TUC-ET2G (Type-C) USA UK
- CableCreation B07VNFLTLD (Type-A)USA UK
- Plugable 2.5G USB C and USB to Ethernet Adapter UK USA
- StarTech.com USB 3.0 TYPE-A TO 2.5 GIGABIT UK USA
- Sabrent 2.5GbE USB Adapter NT-S25G UK USA
Aquantia AQC11U based adapters
- USB 3.0 Type-C to 5GbE Adapter (QNA-UC5G1T) by QNAP
How to install on Synology?
- Go to “Package Center”
- Press “Manual Install”
- Chose a driver package downloaded from the Release page.
Detailed instruction is here.