Great News! The Synology DS1817+ and DS1517+ NAS are available to Buy
We are pleased to let you know that now has the brand new Synology 8-Bay and 5-bay Network Attached Storage Enclosure for 2017 now available. It has been a long wait since the 2015 release of the popular DS1815+ and DS1515+ and we are pleased to update you that the new Avoton based CPU NAS from Synology is released this month. Below is a quick reminder of why the DS1817+ and DS1517+ are big improvements on their predecessor
This is expected to be a hotly anticipated device from Synology so we recommend early ordering to ensure you are one of the first to receive your unit. Will be one of the first worldwide to stock the DS1817+ and DS1517+ and with competitive international shipping prices, as well as their fantastic FREE Build and Test service included with any NAS purchased with Hard Drives, don’t delay and buy your NAS with the NAS Storage Experts today.
- Both the DS1517+ and DS1817+ arrive with the Quad Core Intel Avoton CPU 2.4 GHz
- Alongside this in terms of RAM, both can be purchased with either 2GB or 8GB DDR3 Memory (like the Synology DS916+ NAS) that can be upgraded across 2 slots of 16GB
- The Avoton CPU means that AES-NI can be enabled for enhanced encryption safety and efficient encryption speed
- 10Gbe upgradable via a PCIe expansion port – a welcome addition for you guys that want the throughout for your network that this CPU and SSDs can give
- Additionally you can upgrade cache and speed options by installing the brand new PCIe M.2 SSD Card, the M2D17. Providing the ability to install 2x M.2 SSD and use as cache without compromising on of the 5 or 8 HDD Bays. A fantastic option for the brand dedicated Synology user who wants to gain throughput advantages of additional cache
- As you would expect, supports JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10 and the growing in popularity SHR
- Can be expanded by an additional 10 extra HDD/SSD (and still keep you RAID and expand it) by adding two DX517 5-Bay expansion boxes. The DX517 is the follow up to the (now slightly old looking) DX513. Production of the DX513 5-Bay expansion will continue, but all Synology 2017 NAS devices in the + series will need to use the DX517
- In a RAID 5 configuration and utilising the 10Gbe Expansion card, speeds are advertised as follows – For the Synology DS1517+ 5-Bay NAS: 1165MBs Read and 527MB/s Write, for the Synology DS1817+ 8-Bay NAS – 1179MBs Read and 542MB/s Write
- 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty
📧 LET ME KNOW ABOUT NEW POSTS 🔔
Get an alert every time something gets added to this specific article!
This description contains links to Amazon. These links will take you to some of the products mentioned in today's content. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Visit the NASCompares Deal Finder to find the best place to buy this device in your region, based on Service, Support and Reputation - Just Search for your NAS Drive in the Box Below
Need Advice on Data Storage from an Expert?We want to keep the free advice on NASCompares FREE for as long as we can. Since this service started back in Jan '18, We have helped hundreds of users every month solve their storage woes, but we can only continue to do this with your support. So please do choose to buy at Amazon US and Amazon UK on the articles when buying to provide advert revenue support or to donate/support the site below. Finally, for free advice about your setup, just leave a message in the comments below here at NASCompares.com and we will get back to you. Need Help? Where possible (and where appropriate) please provide as much information about your requirements, as then I can arrange the best answer and solution to your needs. Do not worry about your e-mail address being required, it will NOT be used in a mailing list and will NOT be used in any way other than to respond to your enquiry.
Support What We Do
Terms and Conditions Alternatively, why not ask me on the ASK NASCompares forum, by clicking the button below. This is a community hub that serves as a place that I can answer your question, chew the fat, share new release information and even get corrections posted. I will always get around to answering ALL queries, but as a one-man operation, I cannot promise speed! So by sharing your query in the ASK NASCompares section below, you can get a better range of solutions and suggestions, alongside my own.