Comparing the home use TS-251A NAS and the SMB TS-253B NAS from QNAP
What can both NAS server’s do? Before I get down to which of these units is better at what task, I think it is important to know the things that BOTH of these NAS devices can do. So, whether you decide upon older but cheaper QNAP TS-251A or the higher priced but far more able QNAP TS-253B NAS, you will definitely be able to:
- Host a Virtualisation or Container Platform – setup and run multiple VMs, supporting multiple Operating systems and enhanced by the Docker app, Container Station
- Full access to your media from mobile devices, PC, Laptop and console devices
- Have both network access from your LAN or over the internet, as well as DIRECT access via USB 3.0 to the contents of the NAS at all times
- Have a remote control included that provides full media control from the comfort of your sofa and via your HDMI enabled TV. However the type of remote differs dependently on the unit.
- The QNAP TS-453B NAS Remote control:The QNAP TS-451A NAS Remote control:
- Serve as a cross platform service – bridging connections and transfers of files between Mac and Windows systems over the network
- Heavily support background data checks and comprehensive snapshot technology meaning you will have an equal amount of backup options whichever you go for. As well as migration, connection and interaction with existing cloud services like dropbox, Google Drive ElephantDrive
- Create a comprehensive Surveillance solutions, supporting multiple IP cameras and even arriving with some licences included
- Access exactly the same NAS OS that is updated regularly and has a huge app store to really customise your setup to make it your own
What are the Pros and Cons of the TS-253B New NAS from QNAP?
What are the Pros and Cons of the older but well known TS-251A NAS released in 2016?
You can pick up your perfect 2-Bay QNAP NAS from the experts at SPAN.COM via the links below: